During my years being in employment for important multinational companies one thing was certain: having good insight into your business requires good understanding of your situation. Basing business decisions on the gut feeling is often a good thing, but if you have high-quality figures to support your intuition, than you’re really on something. More often than not I have seen that the tools are used inadequately, or even if tools exist they are not used to their full potential. What’s even more irritating for a friend of order is that the wheel is often reinvented and reporting is done on an ad hoc basis and no consistency exists.
In our days when we are blessed with technological possibilities that have huge potentials for facilitating our lives we still end up over-complicating things, by using the tools wrongly, not at all, or in a way too complicated manner. I believe that this is where my passion is the strongest and I believe that there’s a lot that I can do with fairly simple steps implemented.
Why I believe I Can Help You:
- Analysing the situation
- Picking the right set of data
Limitations in standard reports:
Our business systems are evolving and for every year it’s almost visible to see how quickly they evolve. Most modern systems are often equipped with great standard reports, but quite often they end up being too generic and not that easily adaptable to specific business needs.
Therefore, often what is available needs to be customised to specific needs
Useful areas for Management Report Implementation
- Linking different data sets
- Variance analysis versus budget
- Rolling (or regular and frequent) forecasting
What I can do for you?
- Analysing your current situation and based on the findings recommend what reports can be designed and implemented.
- Link different data sets from different systems to each other, expected to be done in Excel.
- Link your actuals to your budget and forecast. Implement variance analysis for comparing actual outcome with budget/forecast.
- Create phased reporting by periodising your reporting.
- Implement monthly reporting.
- Create dashboards for quick